Category Archives: Content

WordPress and Social Media for Small Organizations

WordPress is a great platform for creating blogs but also creating websites for churches and small organizations.  What is good about creating with WordPress is the variety of themes, plugins and options that you can use to make a great looking and functioning website.

What makes WordPress a good option for small to medium churches and ministries is the ability to create pages and menus within the wordpress CMS. (Content Management System)  Most people may assume that wordpress, because it began as a blogging platform only works as a blog.  I have found that the combination of pages and posts provide a user with options to create a robust website which will hold your company, church or non profit’s content. Pages can be set up like normal web pages creating places for tell your story, describe your services, hold content like media and photos.  Posts are created on the blog feature for your site and can be used to communicate the most current content that relates to you organization.

The ability to blend posts and pages together in a dynamic website also helps your website show up on search engines.  Adding social medial sharing buttons allow people to interact with your content and share on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Linkedin and many other sharing sites.  Older sites that are created as a “static” html site need keywords and meta information to drive searching but with wordpress you are not only able to use keywords, and meta info to SEO you also use tags and categories to drive people to the particular content they desire.

Creating great content using wordpress gives you the ability to draw people to you using social media.  People love to share articles and information to others that they find meaningful.  When you post an article about your service or ministry, you create a product that people want to share.  When they share your article or blog people who want to read the post will visit your site.  Social Media increases your audience as friends share with other friends.  For ministries that wish to grow and communicate their story to others, social media sharing is the most effective and cost efficient way to go.

Don’t be afraid to share your content as an organization.  WDA, Worldwide Discipleship Association, has provided great resources to churches for almost 40 years.  They began to develop a website as disciplebuilding.org which featured wordpress and utilized social media.  By creating great content on their blog and giving aways some of their materials for free, people hear about them and want more of their services.  Inbound Marketing, creating great content and sharing that content on social media will help you build influence and have greater impact.

Learn more about WordPress at wordpress.org or wordpress.com (hosted wordpress blogs)

Get Started with WordPress

Take time to look over the many templates you can use with wordpress

Set up a Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin Account

Don’t forget to learn more about Inbound Marketing….(more on that here later)

Increase Your Website’s Results with Less Work | Tips

Increase Your Website’s Results with Less Work | Tips.

Increase Your Website’s Results with Less Work

“Want to increase your website’s results with less work? A simple way to do this and get higher conversion rates, more subscribers, more members, and more sales, is by using the 80-20 rule.

What’s the 80-20 rule? Also known as the Pareto principle, the 80-20 rule states that 80% of your results comes from 20% of your efforts. Specifically to your website, 80% of your desired results comes from 20% of your website’s elements. The rest of the 80% of elements give you only 20% of your desired results, yet they take up the majority of your site.”

READ MORE at webdesignledger.com